The new RESPA rule has
forced lenders and title
agents to retool every
facet of their procedures
from the first request for a
title search, to the finalization
of the loan
package back to the
lender’s desk. Real estate agents, underestimating
the impact the rule would have on them, largely
avoided training opportunities but are now seeking
insight from their title insurance providers.
While some see the new rule as an administrative
quagmire, others see the growing needs of their
clients as a golden opportunity to expand their
reach through a robust marketing program aimed at
filling the gap created by the rule.
Agents who are prepared, flexible and willing to
take on an educational role in their local market will
discover a significant marketing advantage.
Order the Strategic Marketing
under RESPA webinar and get six concrete
strategies to help you raise your status with your
clients, gain significant market share, and become
more visible to the consumers in your
- What format lenders prefer for the transmission of fees, including various policy rates and coverage options, and how to provide the fees earlier in the origination process.
- How you can guarantee fees and provide guaranteed online rate calculators — legally — under RESPA.
- A variety of ways to create educational opportunities for lenders and real estate agents including through webinars, seminars, one-on-one meetings and other means.
- Methods to employ to ensure your company will be on lenders’ third party provider lists and opportunities to teach them how to encourage consumers to shop.
- How to work through questionable loan instructions or violations to win your client’s trust.
- When and where to plug in valuable marketing strategies for the consumer, including pre-closing communication, closing table education, and post closing follow-up.
- New marketing pathways to build a viable direct-to- consumer channel.
Colorado Title & Escrow
Founder & President
Federal Title & Escrow Co.
Anne M. Wenninger Gehring, JD
Compliance Manager - Retail Lending
Marshall & Ilsley Bank
Franzén & Salzano
Passport Title Services
The Title Report, October Research Corp.