The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau under the Biden administration promises to be more active than it was under the Trump administration. Most likely, this increased activity will translate into more scrutiny of fair lending practices and possibly remedial actions to undo historical practices which led to unequal results for many demographic groups.
In our Real Estate Compliance Outlook special report, we examine:
- Will CFPB push the RESPA envelope?
- The bureau’s likely focus on forbearance, cybersecurity
- ALTA, NAR eagerly awaiting new CFPB leadership
- The change the CFPB’s direction will bring for appraisers
- How the QM rule delay is causing uncertainty
Thank you to Qualia for sponsoring this report.